Monday, August 8, 2011

Movie Bullets: "Love at 4 Size"


Ohayou, flores de mayo.

I have seen quite a handful of Thai Movies from the past...

From the critically acclaimed Love of Siam and international box-office success Crazy Little Thing Called Love which by the way rocketed Mario Maurer to stardom...
...to the well-applauded Rom-Com movies like Bangkok Traffic Love Story and Hello Stranger,
I can pretty much say that Thai Movies are on a roll right now...

Then, I saw the trailer "Love at 4 Size", a recently released motion-picture that tells 4 independent love stories connected by the Big Mountain Concert...
Well, I have to give it to them... the trailer was pretty much promising and quite cute (which the other Thai Movies also have...)!!!
Watch the trailer below and you will see what I mean...

Usually I am no critic when it comes to movies that I have watched... but for this one.. I can't help but to say what I have to say...

The four-part movie was very thinly written and full of non-elaborated love story clichés and touché's....
I will try to tackle it by part...

1)"Senior Crush"... I must say that the story flow was quite predictable and expected (there was this moments that I thought that I was having deja vu's).

2)"Waiting"... What I do not like about this part is that Bright was not given a chance to explain or atleast defend himself... and only pictures, instead of video clips, were shown at the end of the movie. Making me think that this part was rushed and somewhat forced.

3)"Love is not to be played with"... This could be my favorite part in the movie. Aside from the fact that the heroine have a huge resemblance to Tricia Santos of PBB, this part is also atleast well-narrated and presented though the trailer might give a different signal to what the plot would have been.

4)"Best Friends"... I have high expectations for this part of the film (basing on the trailer... di na natuto?).
 I was hoping that this story would give the movie its 360 degree turn... But to my dismay, it was another thinly written story... The conflict was very superficial and the heroine was having issues that was not clearly conveyed in the story, making her less lovable.

As a disclaimer, this was only my opinion on the film and not part on any multi-colored-propaganda (hindi nmn ako kikita dyan... wehehehehe). Maybe the lapses that I have pointed out were "Thai-things" and a foreigner (anu daw??) like me might have difficulties to comprehend.

 Nevertheless, I'll take down the movie "Love at 4 Size" with 3.75/5 silver bullets.
(The fewer the bullets the more I like it!)

Peace!!! ipis...

No comments:

Post a Comment

2leep.com