Monday, September 12, 2011

Movie Bullets: "Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington"


Welcome... Siam!

Although I was pretty satisfied with "Wedding Tayo, Wedding Hindi", I still have this itching feeling to watch "Zombadings 1: Patayin sa Shokot si Remington."

And besides, my close friends know how bad I feel if my plan does not push through.

So, my high-school friend and I talked again and we agreed to catch this movie after we have attended our usual sunday mass at Don Bosco Parish Church.

My own synopsis:

As a child Remington have teasing gays but one of his verbal victim cursed him that she will turn gay someday.  15 years later, there a mysterious killing that is happening on the town where Remington lives. All the gays on the town were murdered one by one. Around this time also, the manifestation of Remington's curse is taking place. Together with his best bud-Jiggs and the apple of his eyes-Hannah, Remington have to reverse his curse and help his hometown.


My thoughts:

Being an indie film, this is a very well-done movie. It has effectively conveyed what it was aiming for- RESPECT for others especially the third sex.

If you are thinking its the same gay-themed-indie-movie... well, think again. It edges out from the usual and comes out a winner.

The movie does not follow a specific format, which was great because it can attack sequences in a different way but so comedically superb.

The chemistry of Martin (Remington) to Lauren and to Kerbie (also) was very evident in a kilig-way. As a viewer, you are somewhat torn on who will you root for Remington in the end.

The addition of superb comedians like Roderick Paulate and Ms. Eugene Domingo gave an extra ummphh
(if you know what I mean) for the movie.

For we the funniest part of the movie (altough I was laughing on most parts) were: (in no particular order)
1. The first time Remington was speaking the Beki language and trying to control it especially the Banyo part.
2. The intriguing-Hagdan scene. a-must-see!!
3. The call for the gay-spirit led by Roderick Paulate.
4. The rise of the Zombadings.
5. Janice De Belen's Police assistant's scenes. (effect si ate)
6. many more

I think you should watch the movie yourself and see what I mean...
Anyways, see the trailer below:

Another bullet for this one.
Remember, the fewer the bullets the more I like it.

I shall be back... Humpback!









No comments:

Post a Comment

2leep.com